Pages

Thursday 24 March 2016

Bla Band Wilderness Stew

Having used Mountain House for the last 3 years I was getting tired of the same old flavours and decided a change was badly needed.  I had seen the odd picture and mention of a brand called Bla Band so I decided to give them ago, I ordered 10 from Basecamp Food, they were the cheapest I could find at £5.99 each.  I purchased a mix of flavours and I tried the first one, Wilderness Stew with rice on my recent trip to the Howgills.  I was blown away with the taste and quality of the meal, the meat used might not appeal to everyone as it's Reindeer meat which too me tastes similar to venison, but it adds so much flavour to the rice and cream sauce and there was plenty of meat in it as well!!  The packaging is good and  easy to access with a standard spoon with fill lines on the inside which is always beneficial.  It says leave for 10 minutes to hydrate but I left mine for 15 minutes and it was perfect, it never touched the sides and is just what you need after a long day on the hill.  I've put a short video on this Blog and I'll update as I try the different flavours, but after the first I have to say, the rest have a lot too live up too!!
Theres a link to Basecamp below

3 comments:

  1. Great review Lee. Looks like a really interesting product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried the pasta with tomato and garlic one, and that was really tasty too. :)

    ReplyDelete